Friday, August 2, 2013

An Amazing Cause

Since I've been getting some attention to my Amazing Race Canada blog here and here, mostly at the blog I share with my buddy Gord (my posts are exactly the same but I started this blog before Gord set up our tandem one so I've kept both), I've been hearing from a couple of racing teams. Body Break and the Docs. Neato.

And the goal of this particular post is about what the Docs tweeted to me. Sure, some may think they are the villains of the show. Boo to you. I think they are one of the few teams to realize that this is a game and are playing the game well. It's not personal, just part of the gameplay.

But they are doctors who work with kids and as a father of a kid, I appreciate that work. My wife is also a medical professional (an OT) who also works with kids so I know it takes a special person to do that. Of course, she's special cause she married me but that's another story.

Anyway, the Docs aren't the villains some may think they are because they are donating 1/4 of any winnings they get from the Amazing Race Canada to the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation. Totally awesome in my book. And it's not just the first place team that gets money. Other teams get a prize depending on how the finish. At least that's what happens in the US version so I hope they will do the same for Amazing Race Canada. And if they don't win, you can also help. They are asking for donations from viewers of Amazing Race Canada. So check it all out at Amazing Cause.

And see ya for Episode 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment